Since its widespread popularity began in late 2019 and its eventual getting of household name status, during the pandemic TikTok has become a social media platform well known for its viral factor, which might have individuals completing research on how to buy Tiktok likes or how to become a TikTok sensation with the hope of making a successful career on social media. This has of course created a wealth of material and content for people to consume that is highly entertaining.
Some videos stand the test of time. Some videos may just be your favorites. You may even have made them in an attempt to Get more TikTok followers on your profile, maybe with a view to eventually being able to monetize your videos. Either way, many of those who use TikTok are unaware that they can save their TikTok videos for future viewing.
There had been some speculation in 2020 regarding the U.S. banning TikTok due to privacy concerns relative to the App’s parent company: ByteDance. While it remains uncertain whether or not TikTok could face yet another banning threat in the future, it may serve you well to be proactive in saving priceless memories.
In more common cases, users may either find themselves locked out of their accounts or experience data management issues during updates. Rest assured that having your favorite videos downloaded and backed up on your device will save you the headache of accessing them later. So, let’s learn how to back-up!
Downloading Personal TikTok Data
Luckily, the steps for downloading and saving your TikTok data are the same for both iPhone and Android users. You can request a copy of your TikTok data and download anything from your profile to your activity on the App. But, keep in mind that your TikToks will not be automatically downloaded once you receive a copy of your data. You will need to download each video manually. Granted, it’s a small price to pay for salvation.
Here are the steps:
1. Open the TikTok App and go to your profile.
2. Click the three dots in the top right corner
3. Select “Privacy” under “Account”
4. Click on “Personalization and Data” then “Download Your Data”
5. Under “Download Your Data” select “Request Data File”
6. In the second tab labeled “Download Data”, you can see the status of your request
7. Be ready for a message in your TikTok inbox reading: “System Notifications: The file you’ve requested containing your TikTok information is now ready for you to download”. Click on this message and select “Download”.
8. After clicking “Download”, you will be redirected to a login page on your mobile browser. After logging in and verifying, you will receive a message to download the file.
9. Click “Download” and the file will begin downloading at the top right corner of your browser.
10. Once the file has been downloaded, click the down arrow at the top right corner of your browser.
11. Choose the file you want to download. This will open your “Files”.
12. Once there, you can find everything you’ve requested!
13. To archive videos, you need to copy and paste the link into your web browser, then download it to your device.
Backing Up Your TikToks
Now that you know how to save TikTok videos onto your phone, it’s time to back up this data for safekeeping. It is recommended to use a computer backup or cloud storage service instead of iCloud. iCloud is not a backup service. iCloud syncs data with your other Apple devices.
In order to properly backup your data to a computer or cloud storage service, you’ll need to transfer your TikToks from your phone to your computer. From there, it’s as simple as backing up your data to the computer!
Don’t put yourself at risk of losing your favorite videos and content. Following the aforementioned step-by-step process and then backing up your data to a computer will prove to be all you need to safeguard your cherished videos for years to come! Give it a try now!