Motorola has just detailed the latest software update for the Motorola Atrix 2 on AT&T. Sadly, it’s not an Ice Cream Sandwich update, but there’s some useful improvements and fixes instead. The new software version number is 55.13.25.MB865.ATT.en.US and this is the official change log:
- Camera – Enhancements to deliver better overall picture taking experience so you never miss a moment
- Google Music – Addition of Google Music application so you have greater access to the world of music. Shop millions of songs and hundreds of free tracks. Store your purchases on Google Music for free, and listen instantly on your mobile device.
- My Gallery, My Music, My Files – Re-naming of Motorola Gallery, Music, and Files applications for easy access in the Applications Tray
- Device Security – Enhancements to deliver greater device security, including addition of Android security patches from Google and Cisco Any Connect VPN enablers.
- Emergency Alerts – Enhancement to allow you to receive emergency alerts from authorities such as Hurricane warning notifications.
- Amazon Kindle – Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to access your library of Amazon digital books as well as access to the entire Amazon library.
- AT&T Messages – Enhancement to include link to app for quick and easy method to give you access to all of your texts, calls and messages which have been stored in the cloud.
- Keyboard – Improvements to keyboard functionality for better email experience
- Mobile Hotspot – Improved stability for better overall performance
- Webtop – Enhancements to improve stability and better overall performance
If you haven’t received a notification on your phone about the over-the-air update, you can go to Settings > About Phone > System updates to check for it. Motorola also says that the update must be downloaded over a WiFi network, so make sure you’re connected when you check for the update.