The Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX are ready to receive a new update bumping the version number from Android 2.3.5 up to 2.3.6 and the new software version number is 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US. Since the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX are essentially the same inside save for the different battery, they share the exact same software.
The update brings not only a new version of Android, but also updates to apps, improved data connection, battery saving fixes and more. Here’s the full changelog from Verizon:
- Mobile Hotspot will now successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites.
- Improvements in the Mobile Hotspot security. + VZ Navigator® has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
Visual Voice Mail Updates:
- Visual Voice Mail messages can be marked as read.
- Visual Voice Mail message playback resumes when audio is switched to speaker.
- Visual Voice Mail will successfully subscribe or unsubscribe while connected with Wi-Fi.
- Successfully press back key after playback in Visual Voice Mail without error.
- Improved stability of data connectivity after Airplane Mode is disabled. + Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments.
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® headsets.
- Successfully save multimedia ringtones.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated.
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels.
- Email icon has been updated for improved visibility.
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- CMAS (Commercial Mobile Alert Service) feature has been added.