Although T-Mobile’s G-Slate was one of the first Honeycomb tablets out of the gate, it’s been a bit slow to get updates to newer versions of Android. Today T-Mobile started pushing out the over-the-air update to Android 3.1 for the G-Slate. As with all updates, it will be rolled out in waves, so you may see it today or in a couple of days. Among security updates and minor bugfixes, the changelog also includes:
- Google Videos – A new Videos app has been added that allows you to buy and rent movies.
- Recent apps list expanded – The recent apps list has been expanded to show all apps recently used. After opening the apps list, touch one of the apps to access it.
- Home screen resizable widgets – Widgets built-in to Android 3.0 (Calendar, Email, Gmail, etc.) can now be resized vertically or horizontally on any one of the five home screens.
- USB accessory support – Customers can now attach a keyboard, pointing device, or gamepad to the G-Slate for use with typing, gaming, etc.
- Other fixes – Force close issues in the Google Talk and Music applications. Improved browser and widget responsiveness