Virgin Mobile is now pushing out the Android 2.2 Froyo update to Samsung Intercept users over the next week or so. Users should get the prompt to download and install the OTA update, which should take less than 15 minutes. Sprint customers using the Intercept were treated to Froyo late last year, but it’s just now making it to the prepaid crowd.
Highlights of the new update include:
- Exchange Active Sync updates
- Ability to install applications to external memory card
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice dialing
- Improved operating system performance
- Dedicated phone, application and browser icons on every home screen