HTC and AT&T finally released the Froyo Android 2.2 update for the HTC Aria yesterday. Bringing you these improvements:
Android 2.2 (FROYO)
App Sharing – Allows you to share an application via Bluetooth, Friend Stream, Email, etc.
Latitude – A service by Google that lets you see your friends’ locations and share yours with them.
Navigation – Google Maps Navigation is a Turn-by-Turn GPS navigation application.
News and Weather
Places – A Google service that makes it easy to search and find Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, Hotels, Attractions, ATMs, Gas Stations, and more.
Videos – Links directly to videos that have been taken with the camcorder.
Wi-Fi Hotspot and USB Tethering – Allows the user to use their Aria as a mobile hotspot for up to 8 devices or connect a PC using the Aria’s data connection. A separate data plan is required for this functionality.
PDF Reader has been changed to Adobe Reader.
AT&T Radio Icon has changed.
Navigator changed to Car Panel.
Photos has been changed to Gallery.
Sound & Display has been split up into individual categories under settings.
Factory Reset relocated to SD & Phone Storage.
The update is not an over-the-air pushed update, but must be performed on a Windows PC with HTC’s updater program. Here’s the instructions:
- Download and save the “HTC Aria ™ for AT&T Android 2.2 ROM Update” [download link] to your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via the data USB cable. Note: You must have HTC Sync installed on your PC in order to run the Update.
- On the Connect To PC pop-up on your device, select HTC Sync.
- Once connected to HTC Sync, locate the “HTC Aria ™ for AT&T Android 2.2 ROM Update” that you downloaded and double-click on the file to launch the RUU Wizard.
- Follow all of the RUU Wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the RUU Wizard and the device will reboot.
- Once the device reboots it will take you through the Set Up Wizard and your device will be ready for use.