A friend of mine was having problems with her HTC Sync, and this solved the issue right away. While I’m not sure many people use HTC Sync, hopefully this will help out anyone that’s having problems.
Download HTC Sync 2.0.18
1. Install HTC Sync 2.0.18
2. Connect phone to computer (via USB)
3. Let the computer install the drivers
4. Go to “Devices and Printers,” Find “Android Phone”, right click on it, then “Properties,” then “Hardware” tab. You will see “HTC Dream” or “My HTC” there.
5. Click on it, go to “Properties.” Then click the “Driver” tab. Do “Update Driver.”
6. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files. Select either Vista or Windows 7. Choose “androidusb.”
7. Once its done, unplug your phone and plug it back in. “USB Sync” should pop up on your phone, select it. Your phone should be connected to your computers HTC Sync now, make sure the app is running .
8. Anytime you want to sync now, make sure HTC sync is running on your PC, then plug in your phone, then select the option on the phone.